Yes, this has cheese in it. Sad.
So I was on the phone lining up a project when I was making the crust and made a fatal error: I didn’t put parchment paper under it before baking!! So it got a little (a lot) stuck to the pan.
However, it turned out delicious!! The pizza was just enough for two of us for dinner and we polished off the entire thing. We did end up eating it with fork and knife because it was kinda floppy and messy. Still, totally delicious, and full of veggies!
- 3 small/mid-sized zucchinis (about 6-7″ long)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 400*F.
- Grate the zucchini on the large side of your box grater. I have this fantastic grater from IKEA that is the lid to a little bowl! (At right) Of course I had to empty the bowl four times while grating the zucchini but still, I like it.
- Using your clean hands, miix the zucchini with your two eggs and cheese until it’s all combined. (Sort of like making latkes! Dangit, now I want latkes.)
- Place a piece of parchment paper covering a large baking sheet. Mine’s like 8″x16″ or so. Form the “crust” into a circle, making sure it’s flat and even all the way across.
- Pop it into your hot oven for 15-20 minutes and keep checking on it! I’m at high altitude so your times might be wonky.
- Cheese (I bought an “Italian” blend, already grated)
- Mushrooms (3 crimini)
- Red Onion
- Bell peppers (if you eat those. gross.)
- Fresh basil
- Meat if you want it
- Pizza Sauce
- While your crust is in the oven, make or heat your pizza sauce. I bought an 8oz can of Tomato Sauce at the store, added about 1 Tbsp Oregano and 1 tsp basil and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. It tastes delicious and is the perfect amount for the pizza.
- Once your crust is finished, add your cheese and any toppings you want (we went minimalistic with just mushrooms and red onion because I didn’t go to the store)
- Pop it back in that 400*F oven for another 5-10 minutes depending on your toppings. For the last minute or 2 I switched it to “Broil” and moved the pan to the top rack.